This morning I made a post on social media showcasing my master multi-tasking capabilities. While the actual act of the said multi-tasking was real (submitting my company payroll report while simultaneously cooking Little Man’s breakfast), it dawned on me how misleading social media can be and how I am so guilty of posting things that make it look like I have it all together – things that make me appear to be some unicorn version of a wife/mom/business owner/domestic engineer who has every aspect of her life running so smoothly and according to plan. In reality, nothing could be farther from the truth.
So, here’s the ugly truth….
- My office is a disaster area!! It’s been so messy for so long that I’m simply overwhelmed at the thought of cleaning/organizing it. So, I just ignore it instead and beg every guest in my home to just not look as they walk past.
- I’m on week 3 of a consistent workout routine and it’s painfully obvious how out of shape I am. I have such a long way to go and I get easily discouraged because of that. I remember the days, sadly it was long before kids, when I was going to the gym 4+ times a week and having a blast doing spin classes, yoga classes and such. There’s no way I could make it 10 minutes in a spin class right now.
- I drink too much diet coke.
- My kitchen floors have not been cleaned since 2015. Gross!
- I have no idea what I’m making for dinner tonight. 3 hours and counting to figure it out.
- I’ve procrastinated on my 2016 revenue/expense reporting for my business. As in, I haven’t done any of it yet! I’ve got a long project ahead of me whenever I get the motivation and energy to tackle that.
…just to name a few.
I’m not perfect. I’m enormously imperfect.
My hope is always to be better in my business, at home, as a wife and as a mom. Every day is a new day to make the decision to try to be better. Some days I do better than others. As of this moment, my office is still a mess, I got my workout in, I drank too much diet coke for today, kitchen floors are still dirty, I’m about to make plans for dinner and the business accounting stuff is pushed to another day – so, today is just so-so.
Until next time Mommas 🙂